Abstract Submission Guidelines
Call for abstracts has closed
Call for Abstracts Opens
Abstract Submission Deadline
Notification of Review Outcome
Accepted presenters to confirm attendance
The abstract submission process for PraxisAuril 2019 will be through an online submission portal.
Lead presenters are requested to create an account and submit an abstract for review according to the guidelines set out below. The same account will be used when you register for the conference. Please keep the email and password used to create the account for future use. Please do not create a new account. Should you require any assistance or have a query about online submission, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- It is ESSENTIAL that you read the instructions below before you submit.
- The lead presenter must submit the abstract and is required to be the contact for the abstract
- Abstracts must be submitted in
English Youdo not need to register for the Conference prior to submitting an abstract however following acceptance into the programme you must register by 24 April 2019.
We encourage creative, collaborative submissions. An abstract can be submitted for presentation at the conference as one of the following categories:
o Short presentation
o Interactive workshop
o Panel session
o Other e.g. masterclass, training, TEDx, fireside chat, campfire, Pecha Kucha, soapbox, poster
At the review stage, the Programme Committee may change the submitted presentation type to ensure the continuity of the conference programme. The presenter will be informed of any change to their submitted presentation type at the acceptance notification stage. The decision of the programme committee is final.
Short presentations of approx. 10-15 minutes + Q&A (presentations may be grouped together within a theme)
Workshops will be 1 hour (max) long. Workshops must have at least two presenters. All presenters will be required to register.
Panel sessions will be 1 hour (max) long. Panels must have between 3 – 5 (max) members. Time for interactive discussion with the audience should be included. Ensure that all panel members are listed as additional presenters. All presenters will be required to register.
We encourage creative session formats to be submitted. Suggestions include masterclass, training, TEDx, fireside chat, campfire, Pecha Kucha, soapbox, poster. Session times will vary depending on the submission type. Sessions will be 1 hour (max) long.
1. New modes of external engagement
2. Global KE
3. Supporting Impact and Knowledge Exchange
4. Professional development in Knowledge Exchange
5. Other (sessions which sit outside of the main themes but will be of relevance to conference delegates)
Please adhere to the following formatting guidelines when preparing abstracts for submission. Abstracts which are not correctly formatted will not be reviewed.
How to submit an abstract
The lead presenter will be the contact for the abstract and must submit the abstract. Once you enter the online submission portal, start by creating an account. Please keep a record of the account details you use to set up the account as you will require them to log into both the PraxisAuril 2019 abstract submission system and conference registration portals. Upon successful submission of the abstract a confirmation email will be sent to the lead presenter.
If you have not received a confirmation email, please check that your abstract is not left in draft and is fully submitted by logging back into the portal and checking on the ‘Edit Abstracts’ page.
IMPORTANT: Please note that you can save your submission as a draft and return to edit the submission, but once it has been submitted the abstract cannot be edited after the close of submission deadline. If you require any assistance regarding the submission of your abstract, contact email@example.com.
The online abstract submission system is a simple step-by-step process and will ask you to input the following details:
- Title of the abstract (word limit is 15)
- Presentation type (must be chosen from the theme list above)
- Theme must be chosen from the theme list above
- (If you choose Other, please indicate in additional information how long you intend the session to be. The maximum time allowed is 1 hour)
- Presenter(s) name and organisation (ensure that the lead presenter is listed as the first presenter)
- Abstract content:
A. Session Details:
– Who is the session aimed at? (max 100 words)
– Full session outline i.e. a description of what will be covered in the session (max 500 words)
– Aims and outcomes of the session (max 100 words)
B. Session Summary:
– Session summary for promotion and marketing of the session e.g. website, programme, conference app (max 100 words)
Should you wish to provide any evidence to support your abstract you may upload it in the evidence section.
Review and Notification of Acceptance
Notification of acceptance or rejection will be sent to the submitter on Thursday 10 April.
Registration of the Abstract Presenter
When notified of acceptance, all presenters are required to accept the offer by registering for the conference and paying in full by Wednesday 24 April.
You do not need to register for the conference prior to submitting an abstract, but if your abstract is accepted you will be entitled to get the early bird registration rate up until 24 April. You will be provided with a link to register at this rate in your acceptance email.
If a presenter fails to register by 24 April they will be removed from the programme.
Withdrawal Conditions & Change of Presenter
Written notice must be submitted by 24 April for all withdrawals and change of presenters, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms and Conditions:
- The abstract submitted adheres to the abstract submission guidelines outlines above.
- The text of the abstract along with the names and affiliations, poster, powerpoint presentations and/or additional documents as requested will be published on the conference website, app and book of abstracts, and that this will not raise any copyright issues.
- This abstract has only been submitted once for the PraxisAuril 2019 Conference.
- A submission as a particular presentation type may be changed to a different type following review in order to be accepted and included in the programme.
- Presenters may be recorded for live streaming. A recording of the presentation and a copy of the slides may be published online after the conference.
- It is the responsibility of the lead presenter to submit the abstract. They are the main contact whose responsibility it is to communicate with other co-presenters and ensure that they register to be included in the programme.
- Accepted presenters must register by 24 April 2019 to confirm acceptance of their offer in the programme. If accepted presenters are not registered by this date, they may be removed from the programme.
- The abstract submitted is in English.
- All presenters are available to present at the conference between 12 – 14 June 2019
If you have any queries regarding the above, please contact the PraxisAuril 2019 Programme Team email@example.com